*This Potato Salad is a perfect fit for any picnic, barbeque or lunch box. It’s a perfect pair with grilled flank steak and nice glass of pinot noir.
Garlic Balsamic Drizzle – 4- 6 oz
Red Creamer Potatoes/ New Potatoes – 1 lbs.
Applewood smoked bacon – 1/2 Lb. sm. dice ( regular bacon is fine too.)
Parsley – 1/2 Bu. finely chopped
Mayonnaise (optional) – 1/4-1/2 Cup
Salt/Fresh Black Cracked Pepper
Small Frying Pan
Paper Towel/ Paper Plate
* Start by filling your pot with water , adding about a Tbsp. of Salt to it.
* After the potatoes are cleaned, quarter them. If they are on they are on the small side it’s okay to cut them in half. Either way, the end result should be a nice bitesized piece of potato. Once cut, place them in the salted water, turn the stove on a medium to high light, and cook potatoes until they are just soft, about 20-35 minutes. You don’t want to over cook the potatoes like you would for mashed potatoes. You want them to hold their shape for the salad, otherwise you will have somewhat of a mash. If that happens, don’t worry, everything will still taste great.
* While the potatoes cook, cut the bacon and chop the parsley.
* The bacon should be nice and cold, it will be much easier to cut. Using a sharp knife cut the bacon into a small dice and place it into a frying pan to render. It should be on a low light so it’s not to burn. Make sure you push the bacon around every now and then which will also prevent it from sticking to the pan, and eventually burning. When the bacon is crispy (medium to dark brown) use the slotted spoon to remove it from the bacon fat, and turn off the stove light. Place the bacon on a paper towel or a paper plate removing any excess grease.
* If you are choosing to use mayonnaise, at this point go ahead and whisk (mix) it together with the Garlic Balsamic Drizzle. Reserve it to the side until the potatoes are cooked.
*Once the potatoes are cooked pour them into the colander and allow them to cool. Once fully cooled, place them in a mixing bowl with the parsley and the bacon. At this point add as much or as little as the Garlic Balsamic Drizzle Dressing ( with or without mayonnaise) to the potatoes. Fold all the ingredients together and season your salad with salt and cracked black pepper.
* Place is serving dish and bring it to the table or picnic blanket for a home run.